CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. SPONSOR: Vettery, Inc. (“the Sponsor” or “Hired”) is the sponsor of this contest. The Contest (the “Contest) is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, LinkedIn or any manufacturer or distributor of any prize being awarded. You (sometimes hereinafter “Entrant”) understand that you are providing your information on LinkedIn, but that the information may be accessible to and used by Hired. The information you provide will be used by Hired only for Hired’s business purposes, including marketing and promotional purposes, and as otherwise set forth herein. By participating, each Entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, LinkedIn profile, and comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States, Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and the United Kingdom, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, who have a personal LinkedIn profile, and who are not otherwise ineligible to enter as set forth below. Except as otherwise prohibited by law, employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, and each of their immediate family members (husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household) and/or people living in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter the Contest. Eligibility is subject to all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. This sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
Any Entrant who wins a prize in the Contest becomes immediately ineligible to win any further prizes during the Contest
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Contest begins on September 21, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. United States Eastern Time, and ends on October 25, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. United States Eastern Time (the “Promotion Period”). Entries are submitted as described below. Entries will require individuals to submit their basic contact information.
Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
4. AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s unconditional acceptance of and agreement to these Contest Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor whose decision shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
5. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest or to win. To enter the Contest, Entrant must (A) post Entrant’s comments regarding the State of Tech Salaries Report on LinkedIn (a LinkedIn profile/account is required for entry into the Contest), and must “tag” Hired (@Hired) when the comment is posted; and (B) publicly use the hashtag #TechHiringTightrope when posting Entrant’s comments.
6. LIMIT: Entry is limited to one entry per person during the Promotion Period. No Entrant may be eligible to win more than one Prize. Information submitted by an Entrant in connection with the Contest will be used only by Sponsor for the purposes of administering the Contest, or for Hired’s business purposes, including marketing or promotional purposes. Entries made by any other individual other than the person named in the entry, or by any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, and/or through other third-party websites or software programs are prohibited and will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the LinkedIn profile used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to LinkedIn profile.
7. PRIZES/ODDS/WINNER SELECTION:
On October 26, 2023, 6 Entrants will be selected at random. The first 5 Entrants selected will win a Hired Swag Bag (estimated value: $35); and the 6th Entrant selected will win a $250.00 USD (or local currency equivalent) Amazon Gift Card.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries divided by the number of prizes available to be won. The prizes chosen and specified above by the Sponsor will be awarded in this Contest.
8. NOTIFICATION / CLAIMING PRIZES: All prize awards are subject to verification by the Sponsor and potential prize winners must meet all eligibility requirements and fully comply with these Official Rules. Winners may be required to furnish information requested by Sponsor necessary to comply with applicable tax laws.
Potential prize winners will be notified by communication to their LinkedIn profile by Sponsor, using LinkedIn’s messaging system. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within 7 days hours of the first notification attempt and provide an email address for the prize to be sent (or email address if the prize is a gift card) in the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), or the United Kingdom, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her prize. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
Each prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, federal, provincial and local taxes, if any, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of prize. Winners are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. Acceptance of any prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for the Sponsor to use prize winner’s name and LinkedIn profile provided to Sponsor (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
9. PRIZE CONDITIONS/RELEASES: By entering and participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, rights claims and causes of action that entrant may have or which may arise against the Released Parties for any illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or personal or property damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the or Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (B) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or illegible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. No forged, mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. DISPUTES: THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND APPLICABLE FEDERAL LAWS. ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND HEREBY CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN DUVAL COUNTY IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
12. WINNERS LIST: Winners’ names will published on the following website during the through November 6, 2023:
To obtain the name of winners after the Promotion Period is over, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Hired Contest Winner Request, c/o Adecco North America, Attn: Legal Department, 4800 Deerwood Campus Parkway, Bldg. 800, Jacksonville, FL 32246, USA. All such requests must be received by November 10, 2023.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.